Friday 31 January 2020

Brexit Friday.

I got up at 6 o’clock, put on a load of washing and then had my breakfast. As soon as I had finished I dressed etc ready for our weekly shop. It was very quiet in Asda so I got everything I wanted in no time at all but when I got to the checkout only one manned one was open!( I refuse to self checkout and do someone out of a job and also they don’t pay me for doing it myself!). Anyway I was the fifth trolly in the queue and I was there for ages. As I began to put my groceries on the conveyor belt they called for more ‘ queue busters’ to man the checkouts, too little too late. When we got home I unpacked and put everything away while H made the coffee. We had a mini apple pie with it. I got the bins in and put them all in the right order round the side of the house. I hung out all the washing, yesterday’s and today’s so I had 2 lines full. At 9.30 H got the bikes out of the garage. I finished the chapter of the book I am reading and went up to change into my cycle gear. I made the bed while I was there. We decided to try Marriotts Way and hoped it wasn’t too muddy. It wasn’t too bad, a bit sticky in places but we weren’t in any hurry we were just enjoying being out in the fresh air and getting some exercise. When we got home I put the bikes back in the garage and got cheese and biscuits for lunch with Branson pickle. We had a coffee with it. I got my washing in and lots of it is dry, just the towels and my thick jumpers still a bit damp. We watched tipping point, and had our baths. I made a beef stew for dinner which was very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment