Thursday 2 January 2020

Thursday

I got up at 5.50 and had egg on toast for my breakfast with a mug of tea.  Packed a stick of celery and some cheese, plus my bottle of water, made sure my wellie boot socks and gloves were in my bag, made the bed, dressed and got ready to go to work. I had to do 36 bunches of carrots 🥕, 34 bunches of purple carrots and 4 boxes of loose carrots. The men joined me while I was doing the loose ones. We then all went to swedes and trimmed 2 boxes and 2 boxes of celeriac. We took it all to the yard and washed and packed it so the boss and his wife could go delivering. We had our break and then harvested 2 boxes of beetroot, 5 boxes of turnips, 10 boxes of celeriac and 2 more boxes of swedes. We went back to the yard , washed and packed everything and it was time for me to go home. The morning passed by quite quickly. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had it with a mince pie and a banana. Son and H had already had their lunch so I sat and relaxed till it was time to put the meat in the oven. Son went to the climbing centre. I had a bath and prepared the veg to go with our leg of lamb. We had melon for dessert. I am now going to relax and watch my soaps. No more work for me till Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment