Thursday 23 January 2020

Thursday.

I got up at 5.30 and put yesterday’s washing into the tumble dryer. I had my breakfast, toast and tea again. I took liver out of the freezer for dinner tonight and packed my lunch. I sat and read my book till 7 and then I dressed etc and went to work. I had to do 12 bunches of carrots and 15 bunches of purple ones. Next I had to pick 2 boxes of loose carrots which means I have to wring the tops off. After that Andy joined me, he had been ringing his doctor so he could get an appointment to get someone to look at some lumps on the back of his hand. His appointment was at 10.10 so he didn’t get much work done. We picked 2 boxes of loose beetroot and went down to wash everything. As soon as it was all washed he went off to the docs and I had my break. Next I walked to the leeks and began trimming them. I had done 4 boxes when Andy arrived and he said we needed 5 so we trimmed another one and then went to the parsnips. We harvested 2 boxes of them and then 16 pieces of celeriac. We took it all back to the yard, washed everything and then packed and weighed it plus the stuff we got before break. Andy’s lumps are cysts. When I got home H made me a coffee and I went up to wash and change because our daughter, youngest granddaughter and our great granddaughter were all coming round. Last week the baby had one tooth, this week she has two! She is such a joy. Our daughter spent an hour on the turbo trainer and did 20 miles miles in an hour. When they left we watched tipping point and then I had a bath and washed my hair. When I came down I cooked dinner which was a liver casserole. We had it with mashed potato and cabbage. It’s one of our favourite meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment