Thursday 16 January 2020

Thursday.

I got up at 5 and put yesterday’s washing into the tumble dryer. I had tea and toast for breakfast and then packed my lunch. I dressed and as soon as H got up I vacuum downstairs, dusted etc, swept the kitchen floor and washed the toilet floor. I got ready and went to work. I had to do 36 bunches of carrots and 10 bunches of purple ones. Next I joined Andrew who had to harvest 6 boxes of loose carrots. When they were done we both joined Andy who was digging up parsnips. When they were done we went back to the yard and washed everything. We had our break, went back and packed and weighed it all and then all went  into the field for 10 boxes of leeks and 45 pieces of celeriac. We just had time to wash and pack them before my home time. When I got  home H said he had just had a message from our daughter to say she was on her way. I had a quick wash and change but they were here before I had time to do my hair. Nova was asleep so daughter went up to change into her cycle gear and get on with her turbo ride. Little Nova woke up, saw me, smiled and yawned and put her little arms up for me to get her out of her car seat. She was as good as gold again and laughing and talking to great grandad. The time passed really quickly. When Daughter had finished, (she rode 20 miles) we had a cup of tea and then went to the garden centre. It’s only a mile up the road from us but when we arrived Nova was already asleep. So I stayed in the car with her and daughter popped in and got the things we both wanted. She then drove me back and went back to Nova’s house in time to give her her bottle. I scrubbed some potatoes for baking and made a nice mince sauce to pour over them. We watched tipping point, had our baths and then dinner which was really tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment