Tuesday 14 January 2020

Tuesday, M O T day.

I got up this morning at 5.30, made a pot of tea and had marmite on toast for breakfast. H got up at 6 o’clock and after his breakfast he made us both a small cup of coffee. I washed up all the things that can’t go into the dishwasher, wiped all the worktops and put the rubbish out. Next I put a load of mealworms out for the birds and sat and watched the birds flock in to eat them. I read a bit of my book and at 8.45 I dressed etc ready to go to Robinson’s for our cars M O T and service. We had been quoted £215. We left the car there and walked into the City. We went to the bank and then to Rainbow to see if they had groundnut oil. They used to sell it in Asda but they don’t anymore. We use it when we make popcorn, it’s an oil that’s ok on a really high heat. They didn’t have any in Rainbow but the lady in there suggested a stall on the market that would have it and they did. Next we went to Jarrolds for a coffee, while we were in there we were looking at coffee machines and they had a rack of our type of coffee pods. We asked if we could buy any there but the assistant said no but told us of a ‘pop up’ stall in Chapel field that sells them so we walked to there, found it and bought 100 pods. It is really handy because we have only been able to get them on line and as we can’t guantee when we will be in they go to the post office and then we have to collect them from there. I think people are so kind and helpful. From there we went to Biddy’s for afternoon tea, it was a Christmas present from our eldest granddaughter and family. It was really nice and we both enjoyed it. We then wandered back to Robinson’s and our car was done. It passed with flying colours and cost the quoted price only. I think that’s a first, there is normally something that needs doing and our car is 10 years old. When we got home I made a pot of tea and we had the cake with it that we couldn’t eat with our afternoon tea, they packed it up for us to bring home. We watched tipping point, had a bath and I read a bit more till it was time for Emmerdale. I have heard nothing from my boss so it’s work for me tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment