Saturday 11 January 2020

Saturday

I got up just after 5 because I couldn’t sleep. I put on a load of washing and read my book till I heard H moving around then I made a pot of tea and my porridge. We had our breakfast and also a coffee. When it was light I hung the washing out. It was blowing a gale and I used extra peg to hold it all on the line. We were supposed to be going out with our daughter and son in law for a bike ride at 10am but as it was so windy we thought they might ring and cancel. We carried on getting ready and at 9.30  we knew they must be on their way so we changed and went to meet them. They said they kept hanging about in case we rang to cancel! 😄. Anyway we rode 25 and a bit miles, we all enjoyed it but it was very hard work into the wind. I even wore my helmet in case I got blown off. When we got home I put the bikes away and made us a coffee and for lunch we had spaghetti on toast. Also a mince pie. This afternoon we had a glass of wine and for dinner we had roast chicken with roast vegetables and gravy. We sat and watched a Columbo and when it was over I came upstairs to write
 my blog and watch midsummer murders.
No 1 son rang this afternoon just to see how we are. He said that he had to go to the doctor last week
It’s the first time he’s seen a doctor for 35 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment