Monday 6 January 2020

Monday.

I got up at 5.30 and put on a load of washing. I had tea and toast for breakfast and packed cheese and cucumber for my lunch with a litre of water. I dressed and made the bed before getting ready to go to work.  I didn’t hang the washing out because it was so dark when I left home I couldn’t see up the garden. When I got to work the boss said he didn’t need much! I had to just pick 12 bunches of purple carrots and then walk to the leeks. We are on a new bed which as far away from the yard as you can get. There are 72 rows. When the men had done what they had to do they came to pick up my leeks and we all went back to the yard to wash and pack everything. The boss was out so Andy had to go delivering. We had our break when we had finished loading the van and after it Andrew went gardening, Andy went off in the van and I walked back to the leeks. Andy joined me after I had trimmed 4 more boxes. We just managed to finish 4 rows so now there are only 68 rows left there now, but we still have one more bed after that. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a mince pie. Then I sat all afternoon eating rubbish off the coffee table, Xmas tree chocolate decorations, figs dates, nuts etc etc. We watched tipping point, had our baths and I cooked dinner. We had a jacket potato, breaded cod and vine tomatoes. No work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment