Wednesday 22 January 2020

Wednesday.

I got up at 5.30, put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and toasted my bread for breakfast. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed and sat and read my book till it was time for me to go to work. I just managed to finish it. When I got to work I had to pick 12 bunches of purple carrots and 72 bunches of orange ones. Andy was supposed to be coming to help me but he has arthritis which has begun to effect his hands and this morning his left forefinger was completely stiff. He tried to tie a bunch up but he couldn’t do it. So he did loose carrots. When I finished my bunches I helped him to do 2 more box’s of loose ones because he had done 4 and we had to have 6. We went down for our break and when it was over I had to walk back to the top of the field and trim leeks. Andy had to cut some cabbages and kale and then join me. The boss said we had to go down at 12.30 to wash everything. I did 5 boxes of leeks and then Andy arrived and said it was 12 40 when he finished the cabbages so we were late! By the time we had loaded my leeks onto the trailer and driven to the yard it was time for me to go home! I don’t think the boss was very pleased. When I got home H made me a coffee and daughter rang to tell me what time she will be round tomorrow. After my coffee I swept the kitchen floor and wiped all my cupboard doors. We watched tipping point had a bath and I cooked dinner. Chicken curry which was nice. I have to work again tomorrow so I hope Andy’s finger has loosened up by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment