Wednesday 2 January 2019

Wednesday.

I got up at 5.40, put on a load of washing and had an egg for breakfast with a large mug of tea. I packed a tomato,a piece of cheese and a bottle of water. I dressed in my old work clothes, made the bed sorted my bag and went to work. It was 4 degrees when I went and still the same when I left off at 1 pm. It kept raining on and off and to start with my hands were frozen but the harder I worked the warmer I got. I had to trim leeks till 10 when Andy picked me up to go for our coffee break. I did 7 boxes. Next I had to walk to the top of the field and and bunch carrots. I had to do 84 bunches of carrots and 12 bunches of purple ones. After that I had to walk to the beetroot bed and pick 30 bunches. When I had finished them it was 12.30 so Andy and I washed the leeks, he then went off for his lunch and I packed leeks till it was time for me to go home. I don’t have to go to work till Monday now so I will be able to get some things done at home. I had a bath 🛁 and for dinner we had we had salmon fish cakes with potatoes, green beans, sprouts and cauliflower. It was nice. H had hung the washing out for me but when I got it in it was pretty damp, I will pop it in the tumble dryer in the morning. I have stacks of washing to catch up on so I hope to do 2 loads tomorrow if I get up early enough. I have eaten too much chocolate today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment