Tuesday 29 January 2019

Tuesday.

I got up at 5.52, made a pot of tea and a bowl of porridge and had my breakfast. H came down at 6.30. After breakfast we had a coffee and I sat down and took my blood pressure. I think the tablets must be kicking in because it has started to come down.😊. I then sat there knitting and H said what time do you want to leave for your blood test? I was just sitting there in my dressing gown and slippers. It was 8.20 and my appointment was at 8.50. ,! I had completely forgotten! I went straight up, dressed, did my hair etc and we made it with minutes to spare. We went to the chicken farm for eggs on the way home. When we got back H went up to turbo and while he was doing that I swept the kitchen floor, wiped all the cupboard doors and work tops. Next I went outside and worked in the garden till H finished his ride then I went in and did a bit more of my knitting. As 1 o’clock we got ready to go to the City where I bought a vitamin d spray from Holland and Barrett. Then we went to Harriet’s for afternoon tea. We were treated to it by our Grandaughter to thank me for making their wedding cake. It was really nice, ham and mustard sandwiches, egg and cress sandwiches, cheese scones and butter, fruit scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream and 6 different cakes!! We had a pot of tea and a top up jug of hot water so 2 cups each. We were so full we couldn’t eat our cake so H asked if we could take it home, they said of course we could, took it away and put it in a lovely little box tied with a ribbon. After that we went to a bike shop for some handlebar tape and then home
I knitted some more, had a shower and H made a pot of tea. All our 6 squares of cake were different so I cut each one in half so we could both try them all. There was Madeira, carrot, Victoria sponge, coffee and walnut,fruit cake and chocolate with orange cream. Every one of them was delicious.
Tomorrow I have to work again and the forecast is not good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment