Wednesday 30 January 2019

Work again!!

I got up at 5.37,put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and a bowl of porridge and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, sorted my bag and then relaxed till it was time for me to go to work. H cleared all the snow off the car for me and de-iced it etc. All the roads were nice and clear. When I got to work and had put all my wet gear on I had to pick a huge sack of sprouts. My fingers were frozen. I had to knock the snow off the plants first which didn’t help. Next I had to trim leeks, on the way to the leek bed I saw 4 doe deer run our of our sprouting broccoli. We have had 2 in the field for years then around 6/7 months ago a third one appeared but today there were 4!! All fully grown. At this rate the boss will be running a deer park! The men joined me on leeks, they were on foot! Andys tractor 🚜 has a puncture. We all walked down for coffee break and then all walked back. We finished 2 rows of leeks all the way through and then trimmed 5 boxes of swedes. The boss came to pick everything up and after we had washed and packed it it was 12.30 and the boss said I could go home. I don’t have to go again till Monday and the boss said it will probably only be 1 day a week for the next few weeks, we are getting low on crops. When I got home H made me a coffee and after I had washed my hands I got on with my knitting. After tipping point I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had fish cakes with baked potatoes and baked beans. I had a banana for pudding H had yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment