Monday 28 January 2019

Work!!!

I got up at 5.33, put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea, a bowl of porridge and had my breakfast. I woke up every hour in the night because I knew I was going to work and didn’t want to oversleep. I packed my usual lunch of cheese,tomato and a bottle of water. I made the bed, dressed etc, sorted my work bag, making sure I had enough gloves scarf etc and got ready to go to work. I had to trim leeks which was not good, it was so muddy and every step we took we we sunk in past our ankles. By 9.45 I had only trimmed 4 boxes, normally in that time I would have had 6. The men came and collected them and me and we washed them and the turnips and carrots they had done. We packed them ready for the boss to deliver and had our break. We sit in this shed with a concrete floor and no heat so there’s no chance of warming up. I had to go back to the leeks and later the men joined me they had trimmed a load of swedes. The boss had only lifted 2 rows of leeks so when we had finished them we went back to the yard and washing everything. We packed and weighed it all and it was time for me to go home. It was very cold, it kept raining and then after break the wind became very strong so it felt even colder. I only fell over once! Both my feet were stuck , I managed to pull one out and the other flew out and i fell over backwards. I had a very soft landing, I sat in a half filled leek box. When I got home H made me a coffee and and I had a slice of cake. I sat all afternoon knitting and finished a little hat. I had a bath and a cup of tea and then cooked dinner. We had sausages,eggs,tomatoes, mushrooms,and cauliflower cheese. I have to go to work again on Wednesday. Tomorrow morning I have to have a blood test.

No comments:

Post a Comment