Thursday 17 January 2019

Thursday. I had to have

I got up at 5.40, made a pot of tea and a bowl of porridge, then I had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, made the bed, sorted my work bag and got ready to go to work. First I had to pick a bag of sprouts and then walk to the carrots where I did 15 bunches of purple carrots and then I had  to have 108 bunches of orange ones but Andy joined me and we finished them together and helped Andrew to finish his boxes on loose carrots. We all piled onto the tractor and trailer and drove to the yard for our coffee break. Next I had to pick 40 bunches of beetroot and end my day on leeks. By the time I got to the leeks the weather had got much worse. The men joined me , we had a sudden snow storm and it was horrible I came down so thickly that we couldn’t see the yard or the bungalow. The became stronger and almost blew two of us over and it was bitterly cold. I was so glad to get home. I don’t have to go to work again till Monday. Our daughter was here when I got home having a ride on the turbo trainer, she did well once again. I had a long soak in a nice warm bath till I finally warmed up again. For dinner tonight we had steak pie, potatoes, sprouts, cauliflower,green beans and carrots.
H popped round to Chloe and Jacks for me with Chloe’s birthday presents for me so I didn’t have to get dressed again after my bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment