Thursday 2 May 2019

Thursday

 I got up at 6.30 and didn’t have a load of washing for once. I was supposed to have porridge for breakfast but I just couldn’t face it. So I had a slice of toast with butter and marmite. I had a huge pint mug of tea and a little later a coffee. Then too late I realised that it was Thursday and I hadn’t weighed myself. I then did it anyway and I had gained 1.8 pounds! I am hoping that was my breakfast! I made the bed, put the rubbish out and sat and read my book. It was really dull to start with and my phone said it was going to rain. H planned to turbo this morning and I told him I would do an hour this afternoon. But all of a sudden the sun came out and it looked nice so we quickly changed and got our bikes out of the garage and and went for a ride. It was lovely, not much wind and all the birds were singing. We weren’t in any hurry and stopped to take photos of bluebells and look at the river and swans and geese. On the way back we got just 6 miles from home when for no apparent reason my gears broke and fell off. It went straight into my back wheel and how I managed not to go over the handlebars or fall off I will never know. H is so clever, he couldn’t fix it because the hanger had snapped but he took a length of my chain out and I was able to ride home on a single speed bike. When we got home we had a coffee and the rest of the date and walnut cake which was delicious. We watched the tour of Yorkshire, first stage of the cycle race and it was pouring with rain for most of the race. It made us feel even more lucky to have had such a nice ride. I had a bath and washed my hair, we had a small glass of wine and then cooked dinner. We had cod and parsley fish cakes with jacket potatoes, mushy peas, grilled Tomatoes and mushrooms. Yogurt for pudding and a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment