Saturday 11 May 2019

Saturday

I got up at 6.15 and had toast and marmite for breakfast with a mug of tea. I put on a load of washing H put our bins out and made a cup of coffee. I made the bed and dressed etc and then did a bit of housework because it was pretty dull and I thought we wouldn’t be going out on our bikes. At around 9.20 H said he thought we ought to go out so we could try our gears etc to make sure everything is working so I went up and changed. We took our waterproof jackets and H said if it rains we will come straight back home. It was a lovely steady ride just tweaking our gears now and again till they were right. We cycled to Aylsham railway station and ordered coffees, I had a hot sausage roll and H had a bacon sandwich.( yesterday I set my watch and phone up for ‘Apple pay’ and the reason we went there was for me to try it out by paying with my watch). Well it wouldn’t work for some reason or other so H paid on his. 😄. I will have to try that again! Anyway we then rode home again and it was just over 24 miles, it took s a couple of hours because we weren’t in any hurry. We also managed to stay dry. When we got home we had a coffee and a toasted tea cake. I hung the washing out and then the sun came out and it’s all dry. We watched tipping point and I had a shower and washed my hair, then I cooked dinner, we had a chicken, bacon and leek pie with new potatoes, carrots and cauliflower. Tomorrow I won’t be riding my bike because I am going to our Grandaughter’s baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment