Saturday 25 May 2019

Saturday.

We got up at around ten past six and for once I didn’t have enough to make a load of washing. I had porridge for breakfast and H had toast and porridge. We had a coffee and both sat and read for a while. We both went into the back garden to do a bit of work. First we sorted out bricks 🧱 for our paving, then while H was putting them in I vacuumed upstairs and dusted downstairs. Next I planted my tomatoes. I put some in my hanging basket and H drilled some holes in the wall for the bracket and we hung it up. We moved a ton of soil and I cut round the bricks all along one side of the lawn. We had another cup of coffee and a toasted tea cake with butter. We also had oxtail soup. We sat in the garden for a while soaking up the sun ☀️. We went in at 4 for tipping point, then I had a bath and washed my hair before cooking dinner. We had Cornish pasties with mushrooms and potato wedges. I cooked rhubarb from the garden for pud and we had it with custard. I dug buckets full of weeds out of the lawn and now we are giving it a little water so the blackbirds can get their beaks in and feed their babies. I have had a nice day, it makes a nice change having a bit of a lazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment