Friday 24 May 2019

Friday

I got up at 5.50 because H got up. I put on a load of washing and we both had toast for breakfast. As soon as we were done I cleaned my teeth, dressed and we went shopping. From Asda we went to our butchers in Hevingham. I bought meat for a bbq a lasagna for our dinner tonight , some bacon so we could have bacon butties for lunch and a few things to stock up the freezer. When we got home we had a coffee and a toasted tea cake. I hung the washing out, read my magazine and then we got ready to go out on our bikes. We did just over 30 miles, it was lovely, warm and sunny, although there was a strong wind. It’s the first time this year that I have cycled in shorts. When we got home we had our lunch and H mowed the lawn while I vacuumed. I had almost finished downstairs when our daughter rang , she had spent most of her day in the walk-in centre, doctors and chemists. She has an ingrowing toenail. She says for such a small thing the pain is amazing. When I got off the phone H and I went to the garden centre where I bought some tomato plants for my hanging basket. When we got home it was time for tipping point. I made a pot of tea and we had a shower then dinner, lasagna with peas and sweet corn. I forgot to say that on our cycle ride H got a puncture. We both have tubes with gunge inside, ( self sealing) . Well it must have been a huge hole! I was riding behind H and all of a sudden there was a pop and I got sprayed with masses or white fluid squirting out of his rear tyre! It came out like a fountain! We stopped and were about to change the tube when H said I think it has sealed itself. His tyre was pretty flat so he had to put some air into it and we set off again. We then did another 29 miles without a problem, those tubes are magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment