Sunday 12 May 2019

Baby shower day.

This morning I woke up at 7 and after I had put on my usual load of washing I had a slice of toast and tea for breakfast. I sat and read my book till the washing was done and then I hung it out. I dressed and made the bed and H went up to ride 65 miles. While he was upstairs I cleaned the kitchen and worktops etc. When he finished we had a coffee and I took my nail varnish off and reapplied it. Next I changed and did my hair and no 1 son came round bringing me some tomato plants that our daughter in law had grown from seed. I have got 4 different varieties and also 2 for our daughter. When he left I put my shoes on and H took me to our Grandaughter and her husbands. He dropped me off there because they were having a baby shower. It was my first ever baby shower πŸ‘ΆπŸ». I didn’t know what to take so I decided nappies are always handy so I bought size 1 and size 2, nappies sacks and wipes. There were games, guess the size of mum to be by cutting off a length of string that you thought would fit round her tummy. Well most of us insulted her by making our string far too long! Then there was guess the weight of the baby and guess the birthday but we will have to wait to find out who is the winner is of those 2 games. As well as the games there was loads of food the table looked as if it might bow down if any more was added. Anyway it was all really nice and it was lovely to see lots of people that I last saw at the wedding. When I got home H was relaxing in the garden in the sun. I made him a cup of tea and took it out with a slice of cake and a pretty pink iced bun I had brought him back from the party. I had a shower and cooked dinner. We had quiche with potato wedges and peas. So I have had a nice day and also it was lovely to see the blue sky and the sun today.

No comments:

Post a Comment