Wednesday 10 March 2021

Wet work Wednesday

I got up at 5.35, put on a load of washing and cooked breakfast. I had eggs and peppers with a mug of tea. I packed cheese and celery plus a bottle of water. Oh and a banana. I dressed and packed my work bag and then after watching our local news I read my book till it was time to vlean my teeth, dress and go to work. H got up at 7.It was raining when I left home. All 3 of us went off to trim leeks after we had put all our wet weather gear on. We had our coffee break at 10.10 and after that we washed the leeks we had trimmed before going back to trim more. Andy had to just pick some purple sprouting broccoli and a crate of cabbages before he joined Andrew and I back on leeks. The boss wanted 6 more boxes but when we had done 6 it only left a few that were lifted and they were the last of that bed so we finished them off and got 2 more boxes. Now there is only the late bed of leeks left, they are very small and the bed is small too so I dont think they will last long. When we were done we went back to the yard and the men had their lunch while I packed and weighed leeks till it was my home time. It didnt stop raining once the whole time I was there. I drove straight to our daughters for our weekly groceries and she and our granddaughter had done an amazing job again getting them for us. When I got home I unpacked and put everything away. H made me a coffee and we had a ginger nut with it, I dunked mine. I just sat and read till it was time for tipping point and when it was over I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had fish, chips and baked beans. I dont have to work again till Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment