Sunday 14 March 2021

Mothering Sunday.

I got up at 6 and put on a load of washing. I made a pot of tea and had 2 fried eggs for breakfast. H got up at 7 and wished me happy mothers day and that is what I have had. Our daughter gave me a bottle of red wine, my favourite, 2 big bunches of daffs and 3 books. when our son got up he slso gave me a bottle of red wine and at midday no 1 son came round with 2 bottles,1 prosecco and 1 of rhubarb flavoured gin fizz. of course I had a card from all 3 which now stand on the sideboard. I love them all. As a special treat no 2 son played 3 games of crib with me but he didnt let me win! He said we can play again this evening. I did a load of washing first thing and hung yesrerdays out I have got it all dry. I made a coffee and walnut sponge which is quite nice. We had wine this afternoon. Our 2 sons were both here at the same time which was nice so they had a chance to catch up. For dinner we had lamb stew which sounds strange for a Sunday but we had a roast dinner yesterday (beef). H says it doesnt matter because we never know what day it is anyway!It was so tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment