Monday 29 March 2021

Monday

I got up just after 7 and put on a load of washing. I had eggs for breakfast with tea and then coffee. I sat and read till the washing was done then I hung it out and did all my ironing up to date before it got too warm. At 9.30 we went to our local garden centre and H bought me a hanging basket ready to grow tomatoes in when the frosts are gone. I bought some compost, some path cleaner, a birthday card, and some plants. When we got home we had a coffee and sat in the garden in the sun. It was rather breezy but H put our wind break up and it was nice. H had spaghetti on toast for lunch and I had a banana and a slice of corned beef. After lunch I pottered about in the garden, mainly pulling up weeds. Our garden is so full of life, we saw loads of butterflies, 3 peacock 2 yellow brimstone and some that flittered across before we could see what they were. There were bumble bees, hover flies and loads of ladybirds. There are starlings, blackbirds, blue tits, great tits, pied wagtails, collored doves, pigeons and robins. They are all drinking from the bird bath and bathing it. Overhead 3 buzzards circled, all truly amazing as our garden is only small, I love all the wildlife that visits. We also have gaps under our fence specially for headgehogs and they visit most evenings. I went in at 3.50, got the washing in and made a pot of tea and we watched tipping point. We had a bath and then dinner. We had roast duck, roast potatoes, cauliflower, mashed potato, carrots and gravy. I am stuffed!

No comments:

Post a Comment