Monday 8 March 2021

Monday

We got up at 7 and I put on a load of washing. We had our breakfast, H had peanut butter on toast and I had eggs with yellow bell pepper. We both had a cup of tea and later on a coffee. I hung the washing out and then sat and finished my book before bringing the cleaner down and vacuming all downstairs. After I was dressed I wrapped a parcel while H did our census on line. Then I walked down to the post office to post my parcel. When I got back H said the post man had been and it was a package of cycling gear that we ordered yesterday afternoon. We had snother coffee and then both went outside to do a bit of gardening. We put a new liner in our hay basket and our second parcel arrived which is my metal screen for the garden. Happy days. I carried on clearing up in the garden and H decided go get the lump hammer and smash up the old toilet which they had stood in the garden so he can bin it a bit at a time. I was busy cleaning the patio and he came up and said look at this. I looked up and he stood there with a hand dripping blood! The broken china is so sharp he didnt even know he had cut himself till the blood began dripping along the path. After washing it we found it to be a cut in his finger, quite deep but not too bad, we cleaned it up and put a plaster on. Then he hosed the blood off the path. It began to rain so I got the washing in, we went in and I made a pot of tea. We watched tipping point, had a bath and I cooked dinner, we had fish cakes jacket potatoes and mushy peas. This morning my boss rang to say the weather looks bad for Wednesday but nice tomorrow so would I rather go tomorrow instead. I said I would rather have the nice day off and I am happy to work in the rain! If its dry tomorrow H and I are going for a bike ride, and I will garden as well if I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment