Wednesday 24 March 2021

Last work Wednesday till further notice.

I got up at 5.35, put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and fried 2 eggs for my breakfast. I packed a slice of cheese and celery to eat at work plus a banana and a bottle of water. I hung the washing out when it was done and sat and read my book till it was time for me to get ready to go to work. Andrew was going to be laying turf all day so it was just Andy and me in the field. We had to trim leeks till coffee break. There were 2 rows lifted and when we had trimmed them it was onlt 9.40 so we went to the yard and washed them all before break. After break we had to pick 5 boxes of purple sprouting broccoli, 28 savoy cabbages and then the rest of the morning pulling up carrots. It was awful, they were hard to get out of the ground and when you did they were rotten so we had to discard them anyway. It took ages to do a box! when I left off the boss said he doesnt know when he will need me again, it will be at least a month. I said I thought it might be two monthe but he said I might have to get on the back of the planter sometime in May. When I left off I drove straight to our daughters to pick up our weeks shopping. When I got home H made me a coffee while I put everything away. We had a hot cross bun with our coffee and I got the washing in all nice and dry. We watched tipping point, had our baths and then dinner. It was chicken curry, H made it this morning so all I had to do was cook the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment