Wednesday 11 November 2020

Wednesday

I got up at 5.30 and put on a load of washing. I had egg and mushroom for breakfast again with a mug of tea. I packed my banana and cheese and tomato, my bottle of water and some cotton gloves to wear under my rubber ones. I had to pick 30 bunches of beetroot, and then walk to the carrots and bunch them. I had done 108 bunches when the tractor and trailer came to pick me up. I had my break and walked up to the leeks. I trimmed them till 11.50 when Andy came and said we had to be down by 12 oclock to wash and pack everything. So we left the leeks because we had to have some celeriac which we trimmed on the way down. We washed the leeks and celeriac with the machine then I laid out all the carrots and beetroot out on the rack for Andy to wash with the pressure washer. When he had sprayed one side I turned them all over so he could wash the other side. After that I began to pack the leeks but my alarm on my watch went off to tell me it was time to go home. When I got home H made me a coffee and I ate my banana because I forgot to eat it at work. I sat and read my book, made a pot of tea and got the washing in that H had hung out for me when the fog lifted. We watched tipping point, had our baths and I cooked dinner. We had pork chops, potatoes, eggs and cheesy tomatoes. Baked apples and custard for dessert. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment