Friday 6 November 2020

Friday

I got up at 5.35 and had my breakfast. I packed my cheese and had celery with it for a change. A bottle of water, a banana and my bag was packed. I dressed etc and then relaxed and read my book till it was time to leave for work. I didnt notice any less traffic on the roads in this new lockdown! I had to pick 60 bunches of beetroot and when I finished them I picked 3 and a half boxes of loose carrots before the men joined me. We finished the other box and a half of carrots that were needed and went down for our coffee break, it was already almost 10.30. After break I had to walk to leeks and and trim 2 boxes. The men picked me and my leeks up and we all went to the celeriac and trimmed 75 pieces, we also had to have a box of parsnips and 3 boxes of turnips. we took everything to the yard, washed and packed it and it was 1 oclock and time for me to go home. As soon as I got home H made me a coffee and I had it with a bun. I sat all afternoon watching La Vuelta and tipping point with a cup of tea. I had a shower and washed my hair. For dinner we had burgers, sausages, tomatoes, eggs and chips, followed by baked apple and ice cream. It was 1 degree when I went to work and tying my bunches of beetroot my fingers were numb. By the time we got to the celeriac I was so warm I had to take my coat off. We dont often work in our jumpers in November. As its Friday already over and I have to work again on Monday its going to be a very short weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment