Monday 2 November 2020

Monday

I got up at 4.30 ish because I couldnt sleep. I put on a load of washing and sat and read my book for an hour and then made a pot of tea, had my breakfast and packed my lunch. I watched a bit of news and when it was time I got ready to go to work. we were busy again, my first list was 20 bunches of beetroot, 24 bunches of carrots and then as many leeks as I could manage till the men picked me up. They had harvested celeriac, swedes, caulies, kale, cabbages and broccoli. We took everything to the yard, packed the greens into the van and washed everything else.The boss went off to deliver and we had our break. Andrew went gardening and Andy and I went back to the field to start on our second list.6 bunches of purple carrots, 75 bunches of carrots, 16 celeriac, a box of parsnips and the rest of the morning on leeks. We finished all the lifted leeks and it was time for me to go home. I have to go again on Wednesday. when I got home I was so pleased to find H had hung my washing out for me and it was dry. We had a coffee and a cheese and beetroot sandwich. I sat and read my book after I had done the ironing. We watched tipping point, had our baths and dinner. We had jacket potatoes, corn on the cob and haddock. We wanted to go out on our bikes tomorrow but the forecast is not good. Today in the field the wind was dreadful. At times it was a struggle just to stand up and my eyes are full of grit.

No comments:

Post a Comment