Monday 23 November 2020

Monday

H woke me up at 6.15! I had overslept! I made a pot of tea and and fried pepper and eggs for my breakfast. I packed my usual food for break, sorted out my bag etc and after H hed de iced the car for me I went to work. As soon as I walked into the shed the boss asked me if I would be alright working Thursday week! I thought it was strange because I havent done this coming Thursday yet. Oh good he said, Andrew will be on holiday and its a farmers market. So I said I dont know why you thought I might have a problem with it ive worked every Thursday for weeks, and he said yes but that Thursday is your birthday! I had no idea! I thought it was weeks away. I had to fork up and bunch 120 bunches of carrots as soon as I had cut 120 bits of string to tie the bunches with. I had just boxed them up in dozens and Andy came to collect them and me. We went to the yard and washed enough for the boss to deliver on his first lot of deliveries. We had our break abd started on our second list. 10 bunches of purple carrots, 2 boxes of parsnips, 10 pieces of celeriac and then I went to trim leeks while A cut some cabbages. He joined me when he finished and we trimmed them till 12.30,moved to the kale pulled a box of curly and a box of black then moved to turnips, trimmed a box of them and it was time for me to go home. When I got home H made me a coffee and I ate my banana which I forgot to eat at work! I also had a bit of cake. We watched tv and Imade a pot of tea, we watched tipping point and when it was over I had a bath and cooked dinner. Chicken curry and leftover apple and cream for pud.

No comments:

Post a Comment