Monday 9 November 2020

Another wet Monday.

I got up at 5.33, put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and cooked mushrooms and egg for my breakfast. When H got up he told me its was raining so I put yesterdays washing in the tumble drier. I packed my mid morning break snack and got ready to go to work. When I got there my list was on my chair and all it said was 14 bunches of beetroot then leeks. I did the beetroot first then walked to the leeks. I had trimmed 2 boxes and started on a third when Andy came up on the tractor, helped me finish the box and we had to leave and pick 2 black kale on the way back. When we got to the yard we washed and packed everything so the boss could go delivering. We had our break and then went bsck up the field to work on our second list. When Andy started the tractor it really struggled to start. I had a lift to the carrots where I had to pick 84 bunches of orange ones and 6 bunches of purple ones. Andy joined me towards the end and after that we had to finish the the lifted leeks. We did 6 boxes. It was 12.25 when we got to the edge of the field A slowed down and the tractor stalled! He couldnt get it started again so he had to ring the boss who had to come to us in the big tractor fix a chain to the front of our tractor and tow us to the yard. By the time all this was done it was almoss my home time so i just bagged up the leeks that were already washed and came home. I have got tomorrow off. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a slice of corned beef. We watched tipping point had our baths and dinner. It was yesterdays leftover chicken with potatoes, cauliflower and gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment