Thursday 12 November 2020

Thursday

I got up at 4.15! (I thought it was 5.15 ! ) when I got in the kitchen and looked at the clock I realised my mistake and went back to bed. Next time I got up it was 5.50. I had my breakfast, packed my things for work, dressed and got ready to go. We werent as busy as last week thank goodness. I had to do 20 bunches of beetroot,37 bunches of purple carrots and 126 bunches of orange ones. Andy joined me there, Andrew was out gardening again. We went back to the yard picking 2 boxes of black kale on the way. We had our break and afterwards, while the boss and Andy unloaded the trailer I walked to the carrots to pick 5 boxes of loose ones. A. joined me and when they were done we had to go to leeks and have 5 boxes of them too. They took ages because the boss couldnt lift them with the machine because the ground was too wet. He had tried and had got the tractor stuck so poor old Andy had to pull them all up by hand. I tried to pull one up but they were in too tight for me to get out.By the time we had finished them it was almost 12.45 so I laid carrots and beetroot out for washing till it was my home time. When I got home H made me a coffee and I sat and relaxed because I am feeling pretty tired. Luckily I dont have to work again till Monday so its a nice long weekend. WE did our usual things, telly, baths and dinner. We had fish cakes with jacket potatoes and mushy peas. H rode 44 miles today in the pain cave plus a warm up ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment