Tuesday 29 September 2020

Wet Tuesday.

I got up at 5.45, made a pot of tea and had my breakfast. I packed a bottle of water and a beetroot sandwich, did a load of washing, made the bed, dressed and read my book till it was time to go to work. It was raining when I laft home and raining when I came home again. It also rained the 5 hours in between. Its a right muddy mess in the field and its beginning to get hard to walk without getting stuck. I had to pick 123 bunches of carrots which took till 9.30. Andy was harvesting broccoli then came to pick me and my cattots up and we went to the yard. We put all his boxes of broccoli in the cold store and my carrots we stacked on a barrow to wash later. we had our break and then I had to walk back up the field and trim leeks. I had to have 10 boxes full. Andy joined me when he had cut cauliflowers. We had the leeks by 12.20 so went back to the yard, packed the cauliflowers into the cold store for delivery tomorrow and I laid out the carrots ready for washing with the pressure washer. We got half way through and the pressure washer broke. It was 12.45 but the boss said I could go home because by the time he has got the new hose on it it would be time for me to go home anyway. When I got home I made us a coffee and we had a pot noodle. H has managed to book us a flu jab its in October. I read a bit more of my book and sent our daughter my shopping list. But because the last person I sent a text to was our eldest son, I sent him my shopping list.! It had taken me ages to write it out too. I watched tipping point, had a bath and cooked dinner. We had cod in bread crumbs, jacket potatoes and baked beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment