Wednesday 16 September 2020

Wednesday work.

I got up at 6 oclock and put on a load of washing. I had eggs for breakfast with a mug of tea. I packed cheese and tomatoes for my break at work. When H got up he said it was raining. It wasnt anything much but I didnt hang the washing out bacause it was too dark for me to see what the weather was going to do. I dressed etc and went to work. The boss gave me a list when I got in. I had to trim leeks till Andy came to pick them up and then I had to do 36 bunches of carrots. By the time he arrived I had trimmed 8 boxes. He said we would do the carrots together because the boss was going to water some to make the digging easy for me for tomorrow when he will need lots more. We took them to the yard and had to unload everything onto the barrow and put it in the garage. We then had our break. Next I did 32 bunches of beetroot. I should have only done 30 but I had cut too much string and hadnt packed them up so didnt know when to stop! After that I had to go to the greenhouse and pick tomatoes. They are slow to pick because they are all out of mu reach and I have to keep getting on and off a box. So I have a crate with a tray of punnets on top and also a box to climb on. I have to keep moving along the rows by moving the crate getting up on my box and picking all I can reach then I get down move the crate along, pick my box up, move that and climb back up again and so it goes on. I will have to finish them off tomorrow. When I got home I quickly changed because our daughter was coming round with our groceries. When she arrived she had time for a cuppa so we got the chance to chat. When she left I had a bath, made a pot of tea and cooked dinner. We had quiche with potato wedges broccoli and cauliflower. We had strawberries and cream for dessert. Ihave to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment