Tuesday 15 September 2020

Hot September day

I got up at 5.40 and made a pot of tea. I had 2 eggs for breakfast, I was only going to have one egg but when i put it in the pan the yolk broke so i added another. We were planning to have a long ride today but H didnt have a very good night because it was too warm so he didnt fancy doing it. We had a coffee and I had a banana. Ihad done a load of washing so I hung it out when it was done and then i vacumed all downstairs. H got the bikes out and oiled the chains etc. We did our usual ride, road and track, with a nice coffee along the way. It was really warm and hardly any wind. When we got home we were going to sit in the garden but as we were out riding almost two and threequarter hours and sitting in the sun with our coffee, we decided we had enough for one day. We had a nice cold milk shake and a cheese sandwich for lunch. We watched the tour de france, the end of tipping point and then had a nice cool shower. I had forgotten to get anything out of the freezer for dinner tonight so we had pork and apple burgers ( fast to thaw) with chips and a huge pan of fried tomatoes which I picked from the garden. Tomorrow I have to work again. They said on the tv this evening that its been the hottest September for over 4 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment