Saturday 9 May 2020

Day 51.

I got up at 5.10 because I couldn’t sleep. I sat and read my book till I heard H moving about upstairs and then I made a pot of tea. We had our breakfast, I had a slice of toast for a change with butter and marmite. H got our bikes out of the garage and made us a coffee. I cleaned my teeth etc.and read some more of my book. H said we were going out on our bikes at 9.30 so at 9 I went up, made the bed and put my cycle gear on. It’s the first time I have ridden in shorts this year. We had a great ride, it was lovely and warm and sunny ☀️ with hardly any wind. We rode past Blickling Hall, it’s strange seeing it so empty and quiet. We did almost 41 miles. When we got home H made us a coffee and I put the bikes away. We had a pot noodle for lunch and sat out in the sun with a G&T. I had a banana . We both went in at 3, we had had enough sun. I read my book and had a game of scrabble with my daughter. For dinner tonight we had eggs, beans and chips plus a cup of tea. Our average for our ride was 14.3 mph which is not bad as we are on mountain bikes with knobbly tyres.

No comments:

Post a Comment