Wednesday 4 March 2020

Wednesday.

I got up at 5.15, put on a load of washing and then had my breakfast ( tea and toast) I packed my lunch and dressed so I could hang out the washing. I sat and read my book till it was time to get ready for work. I made the bed and left. There was only Andy and I working today. First we went to purple sprouting broccoli and picked 10 boxes. Next we did 4 bunches of carrots 🥕 and 3 boxes of loose ones. We managed to find 5 kilos of beetroot for a customer although they were supposed to be finished. We took everything to the yard and washed it but left in in the drying baskets and had our break. After break we loaded the van with 30 sacks of leeks, 20 sacks of turnips and 10 boxes
of P S B for a customer and the bosses wife was going to deliver it for us so we went back up the field. We trimmed 5 boxes of leeks and picked a box of rhubarb. We took it back to the yard, washed the leeks and then packed everything. It took us to my home time. When I got home H made me a coffee. He has cycled along the track today, he says it was very muddy. We both had a slice of cake with our coffee and I listened to the Archers. I got the washing in, all dry. There was only 2 t-shirts they had to be ironed, all the rest was cycle wear. We watched tipping point and had a bath. When I came down I cooked dinner. We had pork chops with potatoes, cabbage and leeks. For pudding we had rhubarb with a dollop of yogurt. Our first rhubarb this year. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment