Wednesday 11 March 2020

Wednesday

I got up at 5.30 after a good sleep. I had marmite on toast for breakfast with a mug of tea. I packed my lunch, made the bed dressed and then read till it was time for me to go to work. Andrew was out grass cutting today. He did 11 lawns yesterday and has 8 more to do today. Andy Andy and I trimmed leeks till 9.15 and then we went down to wash them so I could pack them while he went off to deliver to a customer. But when we arrived back at the yard Andy checked the answer phone and said customer had added 10 sacks of turnips to his order! So we left the leeks, had our break and went for the turnips. It was awful, really they are over and we have done the whole bed but we had to wander around looking for ones that had been missed. They took ages. We washed and packed them, washed the leeks and I packed leeks while Andy took the order out. By the time I had done them it was time for me to go home. When I got home H made me a cup of coffee and I had a banana. We watched ‘Paris,Nice cycle race but it was the time trial today and I find them a bit boring so I read my book. I had a bath and cooked dinner. It was the rest of the chicken with cauliflower, carrots, mashed potato and gravy. We had rhubarb and custard for pudding. I don’t have to work any more till Monday and the boss will be back from his holiday. I don’t know if he will have to self isolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment