Monday 9 March 2020

Monday.

I was woken up by H at 6.50 and then it was a mad rush! I put on a load of washing and had a slice of toast for breakfast. I dressed, packed my lunch and got ready to go to work, leaving H to hang out the washing when it was done and if it had stopped raining. I had to walk up to the leeks and trim them on my own. The men were supposed to join me but then didn’t turn up till 9.45, said I had enough for what was needed and we all went back to the yard. We had an early break and then washed and packed the leeks, loaded the van and Andrew went off to deliver the goods. Andy and I went back to leeks and Andrew was supposed to join us when he got back but he never came. We went down at 12.15 so we could wash them because Andrew was out gardening with the bosses wife after lunch and Andy would be on his own and you need a person at each end of the machine. After that the men went for their break and I packed 12 sacks of leeks before it was my home time. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a slice of corned beef and a banana. We watched a cycle race Paris /Nice. We had a cup of tea at 4 o’clock, watched tipping point, had our baths and then dinner. I forgot to say that I put a chicken in the oven earlier and we had a nice roast dinner with carrots, cabbage 🥬 mashed potato and gravy. My back is no worse after a morning at work but I am glad I have not got to go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment