Saturday 14 March 2020

Saturday

I got up at 6.30 and put on a load of washing and had a cup of tea. Next we had a coffee and I put the birds meal worms out. They were almost all eaten before I got back indoors. I hung the washing out when it was done. H went up to the pain cave for a ride and I sat and read a bit of my book. It went rather dark outside but I was engrossed in my book, when I looked up it was pouring with rain! I went straight outside and got my washing in but it was pretty damp!( I got soaked). H also had a problem, he was in a race, in a huge group and suddenly his chain came off, he had to climb off his bike and put it back on. By the time he had done that all the others were long gone. He rode on for a while but lost interest and gave up. Our daughter and son in law popped round for a chat because they were in the area. When they left we had our lunch, a cheese and piccalilli sandwich and a cup of coffee. This afternoon I had a ride upstairs. I did 30.1 miles and my average was 19.2 mph. I had a shower when I finished and when I went downstairs H had made a pot of tea so we had a cup with a square of plain chocolate and a ginger biscuit. For dinner tonight we had quiche with leeks and cauliflower. Yesterday our son flew home from Italy. His flight should have been Sunday evening but it was canceled. We had a message letting us know he home safely now he is in self isolation. It’s easy for him because he lives on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment