Monday 2 March 2020

Monday.

I got up at 5.15 and put on a load of washing. I had tea and toast for breakfast, packed my lunch, dressed and then relaxed with a book till it was time for me to go to work. I just made the bed before I went. It was pouring with rain all the way to work and when I walked up to the leeks but it soon stopped and the best bit was, there was no wind. The men joined me on leeks as soon as they had cut some cabbages and purple sprouting broccoli. When we had 4 boxes of leeks we went back to the yard to wash and pack them. We loaded the van with the deliveries and had our break. When we had done Andrew went off to deliver and Andy and I went back to leeks. Andrew joined us when he got back and we did another 10 boxes. We drove back to the yard harvesting a box of celeriac on the way.
Andy went off to water the baby plants in the greenhouse on the hot bed and Andrew and I washed the leeks. The men went off for their break and I packed leeks into 5 kg sacks till it was my home time. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had some cheese and biscuits. H had hung the washing out for me after the rain stopped so I got it in and it was dry. We had a cup of tea while we were watching tipping point. I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had sirloin steaks with chips, mushrooms and peas. I have to work again on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment