Thursday 5 March 2020

Thursday.

I got up at 5.40 and had tea and toast for breakfast. I packed my lunch, cheese and celery for a change from tomatoes. I sat and read a chapter of my book, dressed and made the bed and went to work. Andrew went straight off to deliver the things they harvested afternoon while Andy and I picked 10 boxes of purple sprouting broccoli. He then went back to the yard to get somebody’s order while I was left on pulling up loose carrots. Andrew joined me and we did 4 boxes before break. After break Andy disappeared again so Andrew and I set up the pressure washer and washed the carrots. When Andy came back he and I went to pick 4 boxes of rhubarb leaving Andrew to pack and weigh the carrots. Next we went back to carrots where we all three had to fill 6 more boxes. Next it was 4 boxes  of parsnips. We washed everything and began packing it. Before it was done it was my home time. When I got home H made me a coffee and as soon as I had finished it I washed and changed because because our daughter and great granddaughter were coming round . Our daughter rode for an  hour while we baby sat. It’s our highlight of the week. She is such a lovely little girl. She has a cold at the moment but she didn’t make any fuss and was laughing and clapping 👏🏻 her hands. They were here almost 2 hours. When they left we watched tipping point, had a bath and then dinner, chicken curry. I am back to work on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment