Saturday 21 March 2020

Day 2. ( Saturday)

I got up at 6.25 and put on a load of washing. H was up and had made the tea so I poured. Next we watched some more depressing news about corvid 19 and I hung the washing out when it was done. We had a coffee and H went up to get ready for his ride. I then made and ate my porridge. After that I dressed, got my bike out of the garage and also some stewing steak out of the freezer. I cycled to the doctors to post my prescription through the door. It was the first time I have been out on my bike for ages. The wind was really too strong so I didn’t go as far as I wanted too. I did 5.5 miles. When I got home H had finished his ride and was in the shower. I made a beef stew for dinner tonight, it’s always better if it’s made early and reheated, the meat is more tender.  I made us an instant coffee and a cheese and pickle sandwich. We also had a choc chip bun. I decided that I had better have a bit of a ride upstairs so I changed into my comfy shorts and did 15 miles to add to my 5. I showered, dressed and read a bit of my book. Our daughter and son in law came round to bring my Mother’s Day present because she has to work tomorrow. Chocolate, wine and some beautiful roses. Plus milk,  apples and a magazine and a book. I had to laugh, our son in law said he had been out panic buying. When we asked what he said charcoal briquettes.! We spoke to them through the patio doors! They were in the conservatory and we were in the lounge. We had a cup of tea and I reheated the stew. It was very nice and we have enough for dinner tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment