Tuesday 1 October 2019

Funny old day.

I got up at 6.50 after another brilliant sleep. I had porridge and tea for breakfast and then we had a coffee. I read a chapter of my book and then cleaned the kitchen. It was rather dull but we decided to go out on our bikes anyway. H put on a loaf of bread and I got the bikes out of the garage. We both went up and changed, put  our shoes on and got the oil out of the cupboard so H could lubricate our chains and as he stepped out of the door 🚪 it began to rain! We waited about 5 minutes and it was still dull and raining so we changed our minds, I went out to put the bikes back in the garage and the skies opened and I got soaked through! We then went to Aylsham bank in the car. It drizzled all the way there and after we parked it rained harder. First we went to the bank then to a fruit shop for English apples. We went to a light shop and H bought a security light to replace ours that had gone wrong. We went to a cafe for coffee and cakes, H had banana cake and I had a chocolate oatie. On our way back to the car the rain was worse and our drive home was awful! The windscreen wipers were on full speed but struggled to cope and we went through loads of floods. As soon as we got home H went up to turbo, I waited till the loaf was cooked and then I walked to the post office only to find it closed. It was pouring all the way there and all the way back. When H finished his ride he set the turbo up for me. I didn’t really want a ride today as I had already done quite a bit of walking, (over 3 miles.) Anyway I had a bit of a ride, 13.1 miles av17.1 mph. We had a coffee when I finished and I had a shower and washed my hair. H made a pot of tea and after tipping point I cooked dinner. We had spaghetti bolognese and it tasted extra delicious but we think it was because we were extra hungry. When I walked to the post office the water was running down the road like a river. I bet we won’t be able to ride along the track for ages, it will be like a quagmire.

No comments:

Post a Comment