Thursday 17 October 2019

Thursday.

I got up at 5.30, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my snack and water, made the bed, dressed and read my book till it was time for me to go to work. I had to pick 48 bunches of beetroot, each bunch has 5 beetroot in it so that’s 225 beetroot. Next it was 18 bunches of golden beetroot (90 beet). After that Andy joined me and we pulled 20 bunches of purple carrots and 75 bunches of orange ones,( there are 8 or 9 carrots in each bunch, so that would be a lot of carrots!)
Andrew was out gardening for the day. We had our break and then I had to trim leeks. I told the boss I had really struggled to pull them up yesterday so he lifted 2 rows for me which really helped. Andy joined me after I had done 2 boxes and we ended up with 8 boxes when it was my home time.
On Monday it is our diamond 💎 wedding 💒. I don’t know where 60 years have gone.! Anyway when I left off the boss and his wife gave us a card and a bottle of French fizzy wine and a card, and Andrew and Andy gave us a card. How kind and thoughtful. When I got home I quickly washed and changed because our daughter, 2 granddaughters and our great granddaughter were all coming round. They brought us more cards ♥️ we had a cup of tea and a biscuit 🍪 and our youngest g /daughter sorted out my phone for me so I am back on strava, she also sorted a problem H had with his computer! Our great granddaughter is simply gorgeous, she doesn’t stop smiling and gurgling, she is almost 4 months old and such a happy baby. When they left we watched tipping point, had a bath and cooked dinner. We had pork chops, grilled tomatoes with cheese, potato wedges and peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment