Saturday 5 October 2019

Saturday.

I got up at 6 o’clock, looked in the dirty linen bin and for once I didn’t have enough to make a load! I made porridge for my breakfast and when H got up he did the same. We got the bikes out of the garage and he oiled the chains. We had a coffee and I made the bed. I watered all the indoor plants but when we got up this morning everywhere was wet again so we must have more rain in the night so I didn’t bother to water anything outside. At 9.30 we got ready to go out on our bikes. We had a lovely ride, it was nice to get a ride out in the fresh air. We stayed on the road because we think the track must be pretty muddy. We did 30.19 miles. When we got home we had a coffee and a cheese and ham sandwich for our lunch. I put the bikes away and I was going to have a shower but H ran me a bath 🛁 so I had a nice soak instead. For dinner tonight we had fish pie with baked beans, courgettes, corn 🌽on the cob and butternut squash. I think tomorrow is going to be wet so I am going to make my Christmas cake, I bought a bottle of brandy yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment