Saturday 26 October 2019

Saturday!

I got up at 6.35 this morning, an hour later than yesterday. Yesterday as soon as I had eaten my breakfast I went to Asda for the weekly shop. I went on my own because we were expecting our new washing machine and waiting for a phone call. It’s a good job I did because they rang while I was out to let us know when it would arrive. After we had unpacked and put everything away I vacuumed throughout and dusted all downstairs. We had a coffee and at 11 o’clock I got ready to go to Cawston for their monthly luncheon club. On the way home I called in at Taverham garden centre. When I got home I was so pleased to see our old washing machine had gone from the front of the house where we had dragged it to in the morning because it meant they had been and delivered the new one. H had plumbed it in etc so we read the instructions and did our first load. When it was done I put it all in the tumble dryer and did a second load.
Today H had a turbo and rode 65 miles. I did yet more loads of washing and drying and this afternoon I had a turbo ( after a glass of champagne) ! I only did 37 miles! It was such hard work and took me 2 hours. Tomorrow we hope to go out with our daughter and son in law for a ride so I really hope it’s not raining! At least we will get an extra hour in bed! For dinner tonight we had a sausage and onion patty. It was very tasty. I fried the onions mashed them up with the sausage meat then mixed in an egg ,salt and pepper, wrapped in in pastry and baked it. H said there was far too much but he ate it all. For pudding we had apples and blackberries, stewed and with custard.

No comments:

Post a Comment