Sunday 6 October 2019

Sunday.

We got up at 6.30 and it was pouring with rain. I put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and we had porridge for breakfast. I made the bed and dressed. I went outside and swept the path because the slabs are going a bit green and messy so it was good to do them while they are wet. H made us a coffee and I emptied the dishwasher and put everything away. H went up to turbo and I made my Christmas cake. It’s turned out well and smells yummy. When H finished we had a coffee  and for lunch we had cheese and biscuits with pickle and a cup of oxtail soup. I sat and read a bit of my book and then had a short ride upstairs. I went up at 3 o’clock and it was still raining! It hadn’t stopped since we got up. I rode for an hour and did 16 and a bit miles. This week I have done over 80 miles, I hope I can do the same next week. H made a pot of tea so we had a cup with a biscuit.When I finished I had a shower and cooked dinner. We had roast chicken with potatoes, cauliflower and cabbage with gravy. I had just finished my dinner when the phone rang and it was my boss. He tells me he’s had over 2 inches of rain today! Added to all the rain we had last week he said it will be too wet for me to work tomorrow. So now I don’t have to go till Wednesday. I went outside again before the rain stopped and swept all the paths for a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment