Monday 14 October 2019

Muddy Monday.

I got up at 5.30 and had toast for breakfast. I packed my lunch and watched tv till it was 7 o’clock when I dressed, made the bed and drove to work. I had to do 24 bunches of carrots, 12 bunches of purple carrots, 10 bunches of beetroot and then leeks till I was picked up to go to the yard and wash and pack it all so the boss could deliver the first order. We had out break and I had to walk back to the leek field and trim them till home time. It was raining and the field was so sticky. My wellies picked up loads of mud and in the end looked as if I was wearing tennis rackets! My feet were so heavy it was a struggle to walk and made my legs ache. I have to go back Wednesday. When I got home H made me a cup of coffee and I had a slice of cake. I really was worn out and when I was reading my book I kept falling asleep and dropping it! In the end I had to give up trying. H ran me a bath and I had a nice long soak before cooking dinner. We had quiche with grilled tomatoes and chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment