Sunday 20 October 2019

Sunday.

I got up at 7.30!  I had a cup of tea and a coffee a little later. I had a banana for breakfast and hand washed the cycle gear I wore yesterday. I hung it on the line and then went upstairs to ride for 10 miles to make up my miles to 80 for the week. I ended up doing an extra 3 and a bit . So 83. 7 this week. When I finished I had a shower and dressed. Son spent the morning at the climbing centre. When I finished my ride I found out it had been raining and my washing was wet. I left it out anyway and when I got it in at 5 , much to my surprise it was as good as dry. For lunch I made some vegetable soup and it was delicious, it’s ages since I have made any. This afternoon our daughter, son in law and granddaughter all came round and brought us a bottle of champagne 🍾 with our own personal label. It says Geoffrey and Jean, diamond wedding 1959/ 2019. Then they handed us a gift and when we opened it, it is from all our 3 children and their spouses. It is for afternoon tea at the Savoy ( London) tomorrow and first class rail tickets home in the evening. Our son who lives in London is taking us and taking us to the station after our tea and our daughter is meeting us at Thorpe station and driving us home. We had roast lamb for dinner with roast and mashed potatoes, carrots,cauliflower and broccoli. It was stewed blackberry and apple for pudding with ice cream. It was all very nice. Our eldest son, who had to work a 12 hour shift today, 6 to 6, came round on his way home. He brought us a card and we were able to thank him as well for our lovely surprise for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment