Wednesday 23 October 2019

Wednesday.

I got up 5.30 and had tea and toast for breakfast. I sat and read my book till it was time to pack my lunch, make my bed , dress and go to work. It was frosty when I got up, the second frost this month. I had to go with Andy and first we trimmed 5 boxes of Turnips, then we went to the beetroot and picked 40 bunches of them. Next it was bunches of carrots, 72 bunches of orange ones and 12 bunches of purple ones. We took everything down to the yard and the boss helped us to wash it all and pack it so he could go delivering. We had our break and then I had to walk to leeks while Andy  went to cabbages, cauliflowers, and broccoli. He joined me at 12.25 for the last half hour and gave me a lift to the yard. I have to go again tomorrow. In the field today we saw 2 deer, a hare and loads of pheasant’s. By 10 o’clock it had warmed up nicely and I had to take my coat off. When I got home
H made me a coffee and we both had a slice of cake which finished it off. We watched a film this afternoon and then tipping point. I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had bacon, sausages, pork and apple burgers, fried tomatoes and eggs. It was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment