Thursday 24 October 2019

Thursday.

I got up at 5.30 made a pot of tea, toasted my bread and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, cleaned my teeth and read my book till 7 o’clock. I went up and dressed, made the bed, sorted my bag and went to work. I walked to the beetroot and did 8 bunches of golden beetroot and 33 purple bunches. Then I walked to carrots and picked 29 bunches of purple carrots and 84 bunches of orange ones. Andy joined me on the proper carrots and we managed to finish them by 10. We went down to the yard and had our break. After that I had to walk to leeks and trim them. I did 2 boxes when Andy came to join me. We had to have 8 boxes altogether. We finished them at 12.45 so we just had time to harvest 20 celeriac before I left off. Now I am off till Monday. This afternoon our daughter and granddaughter came round, daughter brought her m t bike wheels and H changed her tyres for some lighter ones so she will find it easier on the road. We all hope to go out together Sunday morning. When they left we watched tipping point, had a bath and I washed my hair.
Before I went to work this morning I checked the weather forecast and it said it would be raining from around midday. In our field it began to rain at 8.10 and was still raining when I left off at  one o’clock! I think it’s still raining now!

No comments:

Post a Comment