Monday 30 September 2019

Monday.

I got up at 5.40, put on a load of washing and had tea and toast for breakfast. I put yesterday’s washing in the tumble dryer and hung today’s out. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed and got ready to go to work. I had to do 12 bunches of carrots, 12 bunches of purple carrots, 20 bunches of beetroot and then trim leeks till the men came to take me away. On the way to the yard we had to trim a box of swedes, a box of celeriac and 10 pieces of fennel. We washed and packed it all and had our break. After break Andrew had to go gardening, it’s grass cutting week. Andy and I had to go back to leeks and trim them till 12.30 when we washed them and I bagged a few up before it was home time.
As the weekend Andy moved his partner in with him. He has been on his own for several years. Poor Andrews mum is in hospital, Andrew lives with his mum and cares for her. When I got home H made me a coffee and I went outside and did a bit of clearing up in the garden. I came in for tipping point and when it was over I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had quiche with potato wedges and grilled tomatoes. It’s work for me again on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment